World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Ufa Governorate

Article Id: WHEBN0033052037
Reproduction Date:

Title: Ufa Governorate  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Nikolai Belyaev, Mikhail Pervukhin, History of Bashkortostan, Ufa, Semyon Novgorodov
Collection: 1865 Establishments in Russia, Governorates of the Russian Empire, Ufa
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Ufa Governorate

Уфимская губерния
Governorate of Russian Empire

1865–1919
 

Flag of Ufa Governorate

Flag

Capital Ufa
History
 •  Established 1865
 •  Disestablished March 23, 1919
Area
 •  (1897) 122,005 km2 (47,106 sq mi)
Population
 •  (1897) 2,220,497 
Density 18.2 /km2  (47.1 /sq mi)
Political subdivisions uezds: 6

Ufa Governorate (Russian: Уфи́мская губе́рния, ) was a governorate of the Russian Empire with its capital in the city Ufa. It was created in 1865 by separation from Orenburg Governorate. In March 23, 1919 the governorate was transformed into the Bashkir Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic. It occupied an area of 122,005 km² and the territory of the governorate was divided to 6 uyezds.

Contents

  • Population 1
  • Economy 2
  • Notable people 3
  • References 4
  • Sources 5

Population

According to the 1865 data, the population of Ufa Governorate was 1,291,018. According to the 1897 Census it was 2,220,497; urban population was 48.9%. Bashkir people constituted 41% of total population; Russian people: 38%; Tatar people: 8.4%; Mari people: 3.7%; Chuvash people: 2.8%; Mordvins: 1.7%.[1]

Economy

Arable lands was about 35% of the governorate's total area. Industry was based on mining and metalworking; there were also food, clothing and timber industries.

Notable people

References

  1. ^ Демоскоп Weekly — Приложение. Справочник статистических показателей

Sources

  • Энциклопедический словарь Брокгауза и Ефрона: В 86 томах (82 т. и 4 доп.). — СПб., 1890—1907.


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.