World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Saint Gregory the Illuminator Church, Yerevan

Article Id: WHEBN0026010796
Reproduction Date:

Title: Saint Gregory the Illuminator Church, Yerevan  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Gethsemane Chapel, Saint Paul and Peter Church, Yerevan, Armenian churches in Yerevan, Constitutional Court of Armenia, Charents Museum of Literature and Arts
Collection: 19Th-Century Churches, Armenian Churches in Yerevan
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Saint Gregory the Illuminator Church, Yerevan

Saint Gregory the Illuminator Church
Սուրբ Գրիգոր Լուսավորիչ եկեղեցի
Saint Gregory the Illuminator Church, 1900
Saint Gregory the Illuminator Church, Yerevan is located in Armenia
Saint Gregory the Illuminator Church, Yerevan
Shown within Armenia
Basic information
Location Yeghishe Charents School place, Kentron District
Yerevan, Armenia
Geographic coordinates
Affiliation Armenian Apostolic Church
Status Destroyed in 1939
Architectural description
Architectural style Armenian
Groundbreaking 1869
Completed 1900
Specifications

Saint Gregory the Illuminator Church (Armenian: Սուրբ Գրիգոր Լուսավորիչ եկեղեցի, Surb Grigor Lusavorich yekeghets'i) was an Armenian Apostolic church in Yerevan, Armenia, that was destroyed in 1939. It was located on the site of what is now Yeghishe Charents School on Amiryan Street, Yerevan.

See also

Links

  • St. Gregory the Illuminator church
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.