World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Nyland Governorate

Article Id: WHEBN0028813464
Reproduction Date:

Title: Nyland Governorate  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Governorates of the Grand Principality of Finland
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Nyland Governorate

Uudenmaan lääni
Nylands län

Province of Uusimaa
Province of Finland

1831–1997

Coat of arms

Capital Helsinki
History
 -  Established 1831
 -  Disestablished 1997
Area
 -  1.1.1993 10,404 km2 (4,017 sq mi)
Population
 -  1.1.1993 1,277,932 
Density 122.8 /km2  (318.1 /sq mi)

The Province of Uusimaa (Finnish: Uudenmaan lääni, Swedish: Nylands län) was a province of Finland from 1831 to 1997.

It was established in 1831, when the County of Nyland and Tavastehus was divided into the Häme Province and Uusimaa Province.

In 1997 it was merged togeather with the Kymi Province and the southern parts of the Häme Province into the new Southern Finland Province.

Municipalities in 1997 (cities in bold)

Former municipalities (disestablished before 1997)

Governors

  • Johan Ulrik Sebastian Gripenberg 1831
  • Gustaf Magnus Armfelt 1832–1847
  • Johan Mauritz Nordenstam 1847–1858
  • Samuel Henrik Antell 1858–1862
  • Vladimir Alfons Walleen 1862–1869
  • Theodor Thilén 1869–1873
  • Georg von Alfthan 1873–1888
  • Victor Napoleon Procopé 1888
  • Hjalmar Georg Palin 1888–1897
  • Kasten de Pont 1897–1900
  • Mikhail Nikiforovitsh Kaigorodoff 1901–1905
  • Anatol Anatolievitsch Rheinbott 1905
  • Alexander Lvovsky 1905–1906
  • Max Theodor Alfthan 1906–1910
  • Eugraf Nyman 1910–1917
  • Bernhard Otto Widnäs 1913–1917
  • Bruno Jalander 1917–1932
  • Ilmari Helenius 1932–1944
  • Armas-Eino Martola 1944–1946
  • Väinö Meltti 1946–1964
  • Reino Lehto 1964–1966
  • Kaarlo Pitsinki 1966–1982
  • Jacob Söderman 1982–1989
  • Eva-Riitta Siitonen 1990–1996
  • Pekka Silventoinen 1996–1997

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.