World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Victory Bridge (Yerevan)

Article Id: WHEBN0012788763
Reproduction Date:

Title: Victory Bridge (Yerevan)  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Mashtots Avenue, Hovik Hayrapetyan Equestrian Centre, Nairi Cinema, Ayb School, Presidential Palace, Yerevan
Collection: Bridges Built in the Soviet Union, Bridges Completed in 1945, Bridges in Yerevan
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Victory Bridge (Yerevan)

Victory Bridge
The Victory Bridge
Crosses Hrazdan River
Locale Yerevan
Total length 200 m (656.2 ft)
Width 25 m (82.0 ft)
Height 34 m (111.5 ft)
Opened 1945
Daily traffic Dual carriageway
Coordinates

The Victory Bridge or Haghtanak Bridge (Armenian: Հաղթանակի կամուրջ) is an arch bridge for traffic linking across the Hrazdan River in Yerevan, Armenia. It connects the Mashtots Avenue in the east with the Admiral Isakov Avenue in the west. It was opened on 25 November 1945 and named the Victory Bridge to commemorate the Soviet victory over Nazi Germany at the end of World War II.[1]

It was designed by architects A. Mamijanyan and A. Asatryan and consists of seven arches.

References

  1. ^ Haghtanak Bridge at ArmeniaPedia.org
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.