World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Shengavit Medical Center

Article Id: WHEBN0030037196
Reproduction Date:

Title: Shengavit Medical Center  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Constitutional Court of Armenia, Charents Museum of Literature and Arts, Erebuni Museum, Haybusak University of Yerevan, Yerevan Velodrome
Collection: Hospital Buildings Completed in 1964, Hospitals in Yerevan
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Shengavit Medical Center

Shengavit Medical Center
Shengavit Medical Center CJSC
Geography
Location Yerevan, Armenia
Organisation
Affiliated university Yerevan State Medical University
Services
Beds 65
History
Founded 1938
Links
Website www.mcshengavit.am

“Shengavit” Medical Center (Armenian: «Շենգավիթ» բժշկական կենտրոն) is one of the leading private multi-disciplinary therapeutic and diagnostic facilities in Yerevan (Armenia), base of the clinical postgraduate training for Yerevan State Medical University and the National Institute of Health. Center operates the following services: obstetrics, operative and endoscopic gynecology, oncology, reproductology, general and endoscopic surgery, micro- and plastic surgery, vascular surgery, ophthalmology, ENT, anesthesiology and critical care medicine, dentistry, diagnostic center, clinical laboratory. Available are 65 beds. On average there are 7000 patients served per year.

History

In 1938 the clinical maternity hospital #3 of Yerevan has been established. The current building has been exploited since 1964. In 2001 the maternity hospital has been transformed into the Shengavit Medical Center with a share belonging to the Yerevan municipality. In 2002 the share completely became the property of the staff and it was reorganized into a multi-disciplinary clinical-diagnostic institution.

See also

List of hospitals in Yerevan

External links

  • The official web site

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.