Mukhsha Ulus

Mukhsha Ulus or Naruçat Duchy (Tatar language: Muxşa olısı or Naruçat bäklege) was a subdivision of Golden Horde at the place of modern Mordovia, Penza Oblast and Tambov Oblast of Russia in 13th-15th centuries with the capital in Mukhsha. The main territory of the ulus (district) was situated between rivers Sura and Tsna. The previous population were Mordvins and Burtas. Population was mainly Mişär Tatars, and Moksha Mordvins. In 1313-1367 years coined own money. Population was mostly agricultural. Some were cattle-breeders and craftsmen. In 1360 Tağay beg conquered the ulus. It became a semi-independent duchy. In 1367 Mamai conquered that duchy. In the end of 14th century duchy declined and in the beginning of 15th century Russians conquered it.

Naruçat Duchy was a place where Mişär Tatars and Mişär dialect were formed.

See also

References

  • (Tatar)

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.