World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Mashtots Avenue

Article Id: WHEBN0039213010
Reproduction Date:

Title: Mashtots Avenue  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Nairi Cinema, Yerevan, Freedom Square, Yerevan, Victory Bridge (Yerevan), Circular Park
Collection: Roads in Armenia, Transport in Yerevan
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Mashtots Avenue

Mashtots Avenue
Մաշտոցի Պողոտա
Mashtots Avenue in 2008, view from north to south
Former name(s) Lenin Avenue (1924-1990)
Length 2.6 km (1.6 mi)
Location Kentron district,
Yerevan Armenia
Construction
Inauguration 1924

Mashtots Avenue (Armenian: Մաշտոցի Պողոտա Mashtots'i Poghota), known as Lenin Avenue between 1924 and 1990, is an avenue in the central Kentron district of Yerevan, Armenia.

The avenue starts with the Victory Bridge at the south and ends up with the Matenadaran museum to the north.

Notable buildings

Many prominent buildings in the city of Yerevan are located on the Mashtots Avenue. Below is a list of the most attractive structures located on the avenue (from north to south):

Gallery

References

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.