World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Stadion Park Mladeži

Article Id: WHEBN0026808827
Reproduction Date:

Title: Stadion Park Mladeži  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: RNK Split, Stadion NŠC Stjepan Spajić, Split, Croatia, Stadion Radnik, Museum of Croatian Archaeological Monuments
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Stadion Park Mladeži

Park mladeži
Full name Stadion Park mladeži
Former names Stadion Park skojevaca
Location Split, Croatia
Operator RNK Split
Capacity 4,075
Surface Grass
Tenants
RNK Split (1955–)

Stadion Park Mladeži (English: Park of Youth Stadium) is a football stadium in Split, Croatia. It is the second biggest football stadium in Split (after Poljud) and is home to RNK Split football club.

The stadium was built in the 1950s (initial construction began in 1949) for RNK Split, who began using it in 1955. The stadium was never completed, although it went through some renovation for the 1979 Mediterranean Games which were hosted by Split.

The stadium has a total capacity of 4,075 and is located in the Brodarica neighbourhood of the city. The stadium also has an athletics track around the pitch, which is mainly used by the Split Athletics Club (ASK).It is equipped with floodlights which were taken from Stari plac Stadium when it was partially demolished during Hajduk Split's move to Poljud in 1979. Apart from the main pitch, there is also a training pitch used by other smaller clubs, such as NK Galeb, with its own stand installed in 2006.

The stadium got its present name in the 1990s. Before that, the stadium and the park around it were called Park skojevaca (English: Park of members of SKOJ). Also, this area of the city used to be colloquially known as Turska kula (Turkish tower), which was the stadium's original nickname.

External links

  • [1] (Croatian)


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.