World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Great Bridge of Hrazdan

Article Id: WHEBN0039233542
Reproduction Date:

Title: Great Bridge of Hrazdan  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Tumanyan Park, Ajapnyak District, Hovik Hayrapetyan Equestrian Centre, Nairi Cinema, Ayb School
Collection: Bridges Completed in 1956, Bridges in Yerevan
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Great Bridge of Hrazdan

Great Bridge of Hrazdan
Great Bridge of Hrazdan
Coordinates
Crosses Hrazdan River
Locale Yerevan
Characteristics
Total length 309 m (1,013.8 ft)
Width 26 m (85.3 ft)
Height 60.5 m (198.5 ft)
History
Opened 1956
Statistics
Daily traffic Dual carriageway

The Great Bridge of Hrazdan (Armenian: Հրազդանի Մեծ կամուրջ), more commonly known as Kievian Bridge (Armenian: Կիևյան կամուրջ), is an arch bridge for traffic linking across the Hrazdan River in Yerevan, Armenia. It connects the Kievian street of Arabkir district with the Leningradian street of Malatia-Sebastia district. It was designed by architect Grigor Aghababyan and constructed between 1949 and 1956.[1][2]

The Karen Demirchyan Complex and the Tumanyan Park are located around the bridge.

References

  1. ^ Bridges in Yerevan
  2. ^ Great Bridge of Hrazdan at armmonuments.com
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.