World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Estrées-lès-Crécy

Article Id: WHEBN0015718328
Reproduction Date:

Title: Estrées-lès-Crécy  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Communes of the Somme department, Arrondissement of Abbeville, Camille Choquier
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Estrées-lès-Crécy

Estrées-lès-Crécy
Estrées-lès-Crécy
Estrées-lès-Crécy

Coordinates: 50°15′14″N 1°55′45″E / 50.2539°N 1.9292°E / 50.2539; 1.9292Coordinates: 50°15′14″N 1°55′45″E / 50.2539°N 1.9292°E / 50.2539; 1.9292

Country France
Region Picardy
Department Somme
Arrondissement Abbeville
Canton Crécy-en-Ponthieu
Government
 • Mayor (2001–2008) Christiane Delannoy
Area
 • Land1 11.19 km2 (4.32 sq mi)
Population (2006)
 • Population2 380
 • Population2 density 34/km2 (88/sq mi)
INSEE/Postal code 80290 / 80150
Elevation 33–84 m (108–276 ft)
(avg. 75 m or 246 ft)

1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.

2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.

Estrées-lès-Crécy is a commune in the Somme department in Picardie in northern France.

Geography

The commune is situated on the D938 road, near the site of the Battle of Crecy, some 10 miles (16 km) north of Abbeville.

Railway

There was a railway station (Crécy-Estrées) on the branch of the Réseau des Bains de Mer which ran between Abbeville and Dompierre-sur-Authie. It opened on 19 June 1892 and closed to passengers on 10 March 1947. It closed to freight on 1 February 1951.

Population

Historical population of Estrées-lès-Crécy
Year 1962196819751982199019992006
Population 368406380358353362380
From the year 1962 on: population without double counting—residents of multiple communes (e.g. students and military personnel) are counted only once.

See also

References

  • INSEE

External links

  • Estrées-lès-Crécy on the Quid website (French)
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 


Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from Project Gutenberg are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.